WARNING! Your Internet activity can be tracked. If the person who is harming you has access to your computer, please consider using a more secure computer and delete your internet browser history.
Resources if you/your friend has experienced Title IX Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, or Stalking
Iowa State University's General Resource Guide was specifically created to aid and educate students who want more information or may want to file reports of alleged TIX sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating or domestic violence or stalking.
ISU offers individualized supportive measures, as appropriate and reasonably available, without fee or charge to complainants, respondents, and witnesses. These supportive measures are available before or after the filing of a Formal Complaint to the Office of Equal Opportunity, or where no Formal Complaint has been filed. Supportive measures are designed to restore or preserve equity of access to the university’s education programs and activities, without unreasonably burdening any party, and may include measures designed to deter Prohibited Title IX Sexual Harassment and protect the safety of all parties and the campus community. Supportive measures are non-disciplinary and non-punitive in nature. Supportive measures may include, but are not limited to:
- Information about and access to counseling, mental health, and medical resources;
- Extension of deadlines or other course-related adjustments;
- Modifications of work or class schedules;
- Campus escort services;
- Mutual restricted contact notices designed to restrict contact and communication between individuals;
- Assistance in requesting no contact orders or protective orders under Iowa law;
- Changes in work or housing or dining locations;
- Leaves of absence; ix. Increased security or monitoring of certain areas of campus;
- Referral to resources which can assist with financial aid, visa, and immigration concerns;
- Safety planning;
- Assistance in obtaining a sexual assault forensic exam;
- Assistance in contacting and filing a report with local law enforcement.