Faculty & Staff Title IX Anti-Discrimination and Harassment Training
As Faculty and Staff of Iowa State University, you are required to take one of the following courses:
Title IX Training – Supervisor
This course trains supervisors to recognize, prevent, and respond to workplace harassment and discrimination based on "protected characteristics." The course also helps supervisors address inappopriate behavior before it creates a "hostile work environment" by giving supervisor the skills necessary to reduce potential legal risks by recognizing and addressing abusive behavior and other misconduct, including microagressions and unconscious bias that may lead to workplace bullying or hostility, reducing productivity and creativity.
Title IX Training – Non-Supervisor
This training engages employees and raises their awareness about harassment and discrimination by explaining the law, as well as how to recognize harassment and discrimination, and report misconduct to the appropriate person. It provides them with practical tips on helping maintain a safe, inclusive environment for work, including safe and positive options for bystander intervention, advice on using inclusive language in the workplace, and information on microaggressions.
All faculty and staff, full-time, and part-time are required to complete their appropriate course. The Supervisor course is approximately 2 hours and the Non-Supervisor course is approximately 1 hour and they both can be completed in multiple sessions. You can access these trainings in Learn@ISU effective Thursday, March 1, 2018.
Please complete this training by Monday, April 30th, 2018. Again, this is a mandatory training. In addition to this message, subsequent reminders will come from the Office of Equal Opportunity until you have completed this required course.
Here are the instructions on how to access the training:
- Login to www.learn.iastate.edu
- Select “My Requirements” from the “My Menu” dropdown menu in Learn@ISU
- Find learning track “EO Training”
- If you supervise employees, click Launch by “Title IX Training - Supervisor”. If you do NOT supervise employees, click Launch by “Title IX Training - Non Supervisor”
- You only need to complete ONE of these trainings to be compliant, not both!
Individuals with disabilities who need an accommodation to participate in the online training program should make their requests directly to the Office of Equal Opportunity at 515-294-7612 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other important information:
- You will need internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sessions.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure participants' attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the participant group as a whole and will never see individual answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the "Help" link within the course or by visiting support.lawroom.com or call 1-844-348-1616. Additional support: ISU IT Solution Center at email@example.com or call 515-294-4000.